Stay healthy, keep singing
Here at La La Choirs, Devon’s largest non-audition choir, we know that at this time of year, when it starts to get colder, all sorts of bugs and nasties seem to come along to make singing more difficult. We want to make sure you sing as often and as much as possible, and we have found an article which offers tips to help you cope with colds and coughs, as well as ways to try to prevent them too.
The full article can be found by clicking here, but here are the main points:
- Keep hydrated! Not just when you’re singing – drinking plenty of water throughout the week will ensure your voice is hydrated throughout choir sessions.
- Get enough sleep. Your body needs to recuperate to fight off infections.
- Regular exercise will keep you and your voice fit and reduce the chance of infections.
- A balanced diet will boost your body’s immune system – don’t forget that dairy products just prior to singing can affect your voice.
- Tea (without milk). Warm liquids can soothe a sore throat and cut through mucus build up.
- Steam can help to maintain moisture in your sinuses, and adding eucalyptus can help clear nasal passages blocked with a cold.
- Resting your voice is important, especially if it has been used too much or during an illness.
Please read the full article for more details, and we hope it helps you look after your voice. We want to see all of you at choir through the winter!